August 5, 2019, Beaufort, S.C. – The Beaufort County School District is teaming up with government agencies and private-sector business partners to hold its annual “Back-to-School Expo” designed to give students and their families a free day of fun, food, door prizes and valuable information about the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
“Getting ready for a new school year can be a stressful time,” said Superintendent Frank Rodriguez, “and this event is a terrific way for families to gather a lot of practical and helpful information. District schools are pitching in, district employees are volunteering on a Saturday, and we’re also getting assistance from our business partners, civic groups and faith-based groups.”
This year’s Expo is set for Saturday, August 10, at Battery Creek High School in Beaufort. The event will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Students and their families are encouraged to attend the events, which will feature:
- Booths operated by district schools that can supply information about school activities.
- Door prizes from local restaurants and businesses.
- Free school supplies for students.
- Free dental and health screenings for adults and children will be provided, including free HIV testing, by Beaufort-Jasper-Hampton Comprehensive Health Services.
- Sodexo Food Services will be taking early school lunch applications.
- The district’s traveling preschool bus will be on-site, and staff will share information with parents.
Transportation is being provided at sites around the county, and details are available online (https://beaufortschools.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=170925&pageId=22168973) or by calling 843-322-0770.
For additional information, contact Lakinsha Swinton (843-322-5417 or firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Beaufort County School District.