July 8, 2019, Beaufort, S.C. – Beaufort County residents interested in learning more about self-sufficiency during a disaster are invited to participate in the Community Emergency Response Team Program. Participants will learn to provide emergency assistance to their families and neighbors. CERT classes are free of charge. The next series will start on Tuesday, August 6. Classes will be held at the Technical College of the Lowcountry campus in Bluffton, 100 Community College Drive in room 125
The course will be taught in four class sessions from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and one Saturday exercise class from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
• Tuesday, August 6 – Personal Preparedness and Hazard Mitigation
• Thursday, August 8 – Disaster Medical I
• Tuesday, August 13 – Disaster Psychology/Terrorism Response
• Thursday, August 15 – Disaster Medical II / CERT Organization
• Saturday, August 17 – Fire Suppression /Disaster Search Techniques /Exercise
For more information or to register send an email to email@example.com or call Major David Zeoli, Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, at 843-812-8035.