E-cigarette starts a vehicle fire in Port Royal

Burton Fire District

July 10, 2017
Written by : Christy Bollinger

PORT ROYAL, SC – A vehicle caught fire in Port Royal this past Sunday.

According to the Burton Fire District news release, an e-cigarette that was heated up fell under a car seat which consequently started the fire. The vehicle fire took place on the Robert Smalls Parkway between Castle Rock Road and Broad River Boulevard.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Responders were at the scene within four minutes of receiving the initial call. They found smoke and flames emerging from the passenger side of the vehicle. The fire was extinguished within minutes.

The fire remains under investigation.

Leave a Reply

seven + nineteen =